jueves, 14 de febrero de 2013



Six months ago, was the last time I bake cupcakes and it was a total DISASTER, so much that my little dachshund was the only one who ate them.

Since then, I avoided every oven because after being the star of the pastry, I felt very bad about my failure.

Until today, when my sister asked me to help her make cupcakes to her friends... aaah, it's Valentine's Day and I did not resist, so I said yes.

But surprise! We had everything but butter and it was 6 in the morning, where we would get something at that time?

I went online to search for a recipe that does not need butter, and I found one that suited to what we had in the cupboard. I wasn't totally convinced because I needed some ingredients that I had never used before, but in a moment of despair, there was no other option.

I made some changes to the ingredients and measures, and after a while, I got PERFECT cupcakes (seriously, perfect!), fluffy, sweet and very light, the best I've ever done.





I'm really happy with the result, so I decided to share my recipe with you.

Ingredients:

-1 1/4 cups of cake flour
-1 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder
-1 / 2 teaspoon of baking soda
-1 / 2 teaspoon of salt
-2 eggs
-3 / 4 cup of sugar regulating
-4 Teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
-1 / 2 cup of vegetable oil canola
-1 / 2 cup of milk
-1 / 2 teaspoon of apple vinegar 


Instructions:

* Preheat oven to 350 ° F (180 ° C)

1. Add the vinegar to the milk, mix and set aside for 5 minutes before using.
2. In a bowl, add cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir together with whisk, and set aside.
3. In other bowl add eggs and mix for 30 seconds, add sugar and continue to beat on medium speed about 30 more seconds. Add vanilla and oil, and mix again.
4. Slowly add flour about half of the mixture. Add half of the milk, then the rest of the flour and the rest of the milk. Beat Until just combined. The batter will be thin, do not freak out.
5. Pour batter into a muffin pan with paper liners prepared. Fill liners about 2/3 full.
6. Bake cupcakes in pre-heated oven for 12-14 minutes (insert a toothpick to check if they are thoroughly cooked and if the toothpick comes out clean, they're ready!)
7. Cool in pan for 2 minutes, and then carefully remove cupcakes from pan and finish cooling on a wire rack.
8. Frost as desired when they're fully cool and have fun decorating them as you like!


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario